Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Premier League (PL) has altered fixtures for the upcoming 2020/21 season.
As per tentative fixtures released in mid-October 2020, the league was to kick off on Friday 20 November, but that has since been pushed back by a week to Saturday 28 November.
Despite the changes, Nairobi City Stars will still kick off with a home game against Nzoia United but a week later; on Sunday 29 November 2020, starting 3pm at the Nyayo National Stadium.
In the earlier fixtures, City Stars, who are making a return to the big league after four-seasons out, were to play the next four fixtures against Western based sides; Zoo (Kericho), Vihiga United, Kakamega Homeboyz and Western Stima, in that order.
That has since changed and after the opener against Nzoia United, City Stars will now play KCB, Bandari, promoted Bidco United then Mathare United.
“We note the changes in the fixtures and are ok with it. The most important thing is that there is a good direction towards the league kick off and we are looking forward to our first game,” said team coordinator Samson Otieno
In the previous fixtures City Stars were to play eight games before the turn of the year but with the latest alterations the team will play four games then take aa two week break for the end-year festivities.
“We can see there’s a Christmas break and that is very considerate of the league managers We will return better refreshed in January to continue with the rest of the fixtures.” added Otieno
The new fixtures.
- Nairobi City Stars vs Nzoia United – Nyayo Stadium – Sun 29 Nov 2020, 3pm
- KCB vs Nairobi City Stars – Kenyatta Stadium, Machakos – Fri, 4 Dec 2020, 16.15pm. Live
- Nairobi City Stars vs Bandari – Nyayo Stadium – Fri 11 December 2020, 4pm. Live
- Bidco United vs Nairobi City Stars – Kenyatta Stadium – Fri 18 December 2020, 3pm. Live
- Nairobi City Stars vs Mathare United – Nyayo Stadium – Sat 2 Jan 2021, 2pm
Complete first leg fixtures
BETKING PREMIER LEAGUE 2020_21 SEASON – FIRST LEG FIXTURES